OnDemand Online Webinars
Can't wait to learn more about preserving family keepsakes? View The Family Curator's pre-recorded presentations whenever it's most convenient for your schedule. Webinars are available through Family Tree University; save 20% with special COUPON CODE HERE.
How to Preserve Precious Photos, Documents and Heirlooms
Whether your concern is a tear, crack, fade or puncture, digitizing your dearest heirlooms is the perfect way to preserve them for posterity. Learn tips for developing digital copies of photos and documents, and forgo the usual fretting with tricks for scanning fragile and oversized items.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- What you should digitize
- Tips for creating digital copies of photos and documents
- How to deal with fragile and oversized items, as well as objects you can’t scan
- How to archive digital copies for your own research purposes and to save for posterity
- Key terms and helpful websites
- How to download the presentation and slides for future reference
- Advice for digitizing real-life family history items–including examples from webinar participants!
Digitize Your Family History OnDemand 60-minute recorded webinar from Family Tree University
Save 20% with THIS LINK.
Is your heirloom inheritance a blessing or a burden?
Family Tree Magazine Publisher Allison Dolan inherited nearly two dozen boxes of family history when her grandparents downsized and moved to a smaller home. Now she’s faced with deciding what to keep and how to store those family treasures. Follow along as Denise Levenick from The Family Curator works with Allison to organize her family archive. If you’ve inherited a similar family archive, you will find ideas and inspiration in this webinar.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to discover your own purpose for the collection
- Easy ways to inventory your archive
- Tips on how to decide what to save, what to donate and what to throw away
- Ideas for organizing the materials in your archive
- Storage solutions for everything from letters to photos to musical instruments
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Anyone who has inherited an estate or family history artifacts and wants help deciding what to keep.
- Anyone with family history artifacts who wants help sorting, organizing, or storing their collection.
- Genealogists with an interest in personal and family history artifacts.
Organize Your Family Archive OnDemand 60-minute recorded webinar from Family Tree University
Save 20% with code FRIENDSOFDENISE (good through 2015)