This has been a year of Firsts for The Family Curator!
- First Roots Tech Conference
- First time speaking at SCGS Jamboree
- First time presenting a webinar for Family Tree University
- and my First family history book, How to Archive Family Keepsakes: Learn How to Preserve Family Photos, Memorabilia and Genealogy Records will be out from Family Tree Books in August 2012.
Whew! Reality check --
- First fractured elbow -- with book deadline looming I did a lot of one-handed typing
- First major SoCal wind storm and power outage
- First California grand baby born
It's also been a year for some of my all-time favorite blog posts --
- Dear Photograph: 35th Wedding Anniversary Edition for Tech Tuesday
- An Accumulation of Archives?
- The Big Book That Could: Announcing Amy Coffin's New Blog Book
- Lessons from the Archive #1: Examine Everything
- COG Food for Thought: The Day Herman Came to Visit
And, of course, it's been a wonderful year for meeting new genealogy friends online and face-to-face, and for keeping up with old friends wherever they are. Some people think that blogging is a solitary activity, but clearly those folks don't know the genealogy blogosphere.
Thanks for spending time with me at The Family Curator. Here's to another year of sharing research, stories, and ideas.