#fhexpo is the Twitter hashtag to follow next weekend when the St. George Family History Expo is in full swing. In just one week I will be joining the family historians and Bloggers of Honor for two full days of genealogy education and networking.
One thing I’ve learned from my years attending all kinds of conferences is that the old Scout Motto says it best, “Be Prepared.” Here’s my own checklist:
- Conference registration
- Hotel and Travel reservations
- Local maps
- Review Conference Program, highlight sessions to attend
- Recharge all device batteries, pack chargers
- Update genealogy database, transfer file to laptop
- Print out Family Group Sheets, Pedigree Charts
- Print out list of Books Wanted
- Think about people I want to meet, talk with
- Pack daily conference tote with water bottle and snacks, sweater, notepad, pens, business cards
I am looking forward to attending the sessions and hearing new-to-me speakers like Beau Sharbrough and Kory Meyerink, but I am also looking forward to spending some “off time” meeting other bloggers and genealogists and sharing research ideas. I hope you’ll stop me and say “Hello” if you’re in St. George; or follow along with the event at the #fhexpo twitterstream.